Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 6

10. Identify tenses in bold, and then match them with the correct tense description. How is each tense formed? When do we use each tense?

Yesterday morning I went to St Stephen’s Cathedral-a. action which happened in the past at a define time
While I was taking pictures someone stole my bag.-b. longer past action interrupted by shorter action
I’ve been exploring all the gorgeous sandy beaches in the area.- d. action which began in the past and still going on.
We’ve been swimming at Nyali Beach almost every day and we’ve got great tans.- c.past action having visible results in the present
I’ve seen incredible Minion Palace.- e.statement of personal experience or changes
I think I’ve put on weight.-f.recent action when the time is not mentioned

11. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense.

1.While she was having lunch someone stole her camera.
2. He is dirty. He has been repairing cars since morning.
3. He is sun burnt. He is lying in the sun for hours.
4.While they were exploring a cave shark appeared.
5.While she was skiing she broke her leg.
6. She is tired. She has been working since morning.

13.Fill in the gaps with the correct adverb. Then say what tense they go with.
1.She left for her holiday in Spain a week ago.
2. I have been going on holiday to Italy for 4 years.
3. Have you ever travelled by ferry before?
4. I’ve never been to a foreign country before.
5. She has been skiing since she was a child.
6.I don’t want to go to Hawaii again. I’ve already been there twice.
7.I haven’t unpacked my suitcase yet so I can’t go out.
8. Dad was driving the car while mum was reading the map & giving directions.
9. She was sunbathing when it started to rain.
10. I’ve been to 4 different beaches so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment